The Sentinel Distributed Database has a total of 463.3 million unique patient identifiers spanning the 2000 to 2023 time period. If patients move between health plans, they may have more than one patient identifier. 342 million patients have at least one day of drug and medical coverage.
Of those with both medical and drug coverage, there are:
- 112.9 million members currently accruing new data
- 1.1 billion person-years of data
- 19.7 billion pharmacy dispensings
- 20.2 billion unique medical encounters
- 67.3 million members with at least one laboratory test result
Additionally, the Sentinel Distributed Database contains 8 million deliveries with a mother-infant linkage.