This webinar series, hosted by the Sentinel Innovation Center, features presentations by leading experts and innovators on topics relevant to the Sentinel Operations and Innovation Centers, and the Innovation Center’s master plan. See below for the schedule of upcoming webinars as well as archived recordings of previous webinars. All webinars are open to the general public and are free to attend.
- January 28, 2022: An Introduction to Negative Control and Proximal Causal Learning
- February 24, 2022: Do All Roads Lead to FHIR? Imagining FHIR as a Meta-Common Data Model for Research
- March 28, 2022: Data Leakage Due to Care Provided Outside of the Study Electronic Health Record System: Potential Biases and Solutions
- May 11, 2022: Can We Train Machine Learning Methods to Outperform the High-Dimensional Propensity Score Algorithm?
- August 11, 2022: Advancing the Use of Real-World Evidence for Health Technology Assessment – The NICE Real-World Evidence Framework
- August 30, 2022: Representing and Utilizing Clinical Textual Data for Real World Studies: An OHDSI Approach
- September 7, 2022: Deep Learning on Electronic Health Records for Research in Pharmacoepidemiology: Examples From the Field of Oncology
- September 12, 2022: Machine Learning for High-dimensional Proxy Covariate Adjustment in Healthcare Database Studies: An Overview of the Current Literature
- September 26, 2022: Addressing Missing Data in Comparative Effectiveness Research Using EHR Data
- December 16, 2022: Machine Learning in Distributed Data Networks like the FDA Sentinel System: Opportunities, Challenges, and Considerations