This day-long public seminar provided an overview of Sentinel capabilities, including:
- Data that are/are not available in the Sentinel Distributed Database (SDD) and their structure within the Sentinel Common Data Model
- A description of the automated tools for safety surveillance
The information shared during this seminar is most useful for clinical researchers and others without direct experience using claims data who are interested in learning the types of questions that can be asked using claims data generally, and within the Sentinel System specifically.
Recordings of the presentations are available via the following links:
- Welcome, introduction, agenda, learning objectives
- Introduction to the Sentinel Program and Sentinel Distributed Database (skip ahead to 11:35)
- What Kind of Questions can the Sentinel Distributed Database Answer?
- Tools to Answer Public Health Questions, Part 1
- Tools to Answer Public Health Questions, Part 2