The 2019 Sentinel Public Training, Day 2 of the Eleventh Annual Sentinel Initiative Public Workshop, focused on enabling expanded use of Sentinel tools among the public. The training consisted of a series of presentations and exercises focused on the Cohort Identification and Descriptive Analysis (CIDA) tool. Following a joint morning session, participants were given the option to attend one of two afternoon sessions:
Applications in Medical Product Safety (Session A): Session A focused on the application of CIDA to answer medical product safety questions and included a collection of case studies. This session was recommended for those interested in how the capabilities of the CIDA tool can be leveraged in practice.
Creating a CIDA Package - SAS® Software-Based Lab (Session B): Session B focused on creating a query package in CIDA using SAS. This session included a SAS-based lab and was recommended for those with intermediate SAS skills and above who may be creating CIDA queries within their organizations.
→ Session B Participant Materials available here: CIDA Lab Material
- Sentinel Public Training Morning Session
- Sentinel Public Traning Afternoon Session A: Applications in Medical Product Safety
- Sentinel Public Training Afternoon Session B: Creating a CIDA Package - SAS® Lab
- Sentinel Public Training Morning Session: Part I (Slides 1 - 70)
- Sentinel Public Training Morning Session: Part II (Slides 71 - 164)
- Sentinel Public Training Afternoon Session A: Part I (Slides 1 - 103)
- Sentinel Public Training Afternoon Session A: Part II (Slides 104 - 138)